What breed/gender are these 3 1/2 month olds?

GoodLuckCharlie!

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
86029_020.jpg

86029_imgp4767.jpg

86029_094.jpg

I'm thinking they are all Easter Eggers, and I know the one roosting is a rooster
wink.png
pretty sure the other two are hens...I hope
Thanks
Laura

They're all easter eggers. Hard to tell on the sex, but the third one looks like it might be a cockerel

ETA: I just read what you wrote, LOL you're right on all counts

Last edited:
The top 2 are hens, and i believe they are Araucanas/Americanas, which are the easter eggers.

Yeah, I figured all that as much, just making sure
smile.png
Thanks! I got them from the local feed store, knowing that they were being sold as Ameracaunas, and knowing from BYC that they probably were EE's, but the middle one with the purple flowers has what looks like some silver lacing? I thought 'maybe' I would have a mix of something-I mean, I know they're mutts anyways right for being EE's? Or is there an EE that's not a mix?

All EE are mixed breeds.

There are several ways you can get easter eggers. If you breed a purebred Ameraucana to anything other than another purebred Ameraucana of the same coloration it will be called an EE. If you breed two purebred Ameraucanas that are different colors (such as a white to a blue) the result will be considered an EE even though the bird is *technically* all Ameraucana. This is because the color will not be true.

EE crossed with any other breed is also considered an EE.

Back
Top Bottom