What Breed/Gender? Did the Gods give us a Roo???

ForTheLadies

Hatching
Jul 11, 2021
B4661EB0-AA4F-40D1-BC55-A2BA29EC5EE2.jpeg
230CD017-FCB7-49FF-920C-C71C2A38A78F.jpeg

We bought these chickens from a local tracker supply 5 weeks ago. I believe they were only 1.5 weeks old when we got them.

They told us they were all sexed female Golden Comets…

As chicks the two looked extremely similar, but one was always larger and became significantly larger in short order. (The bird in the top image grew much faster).

So here we are, 6-7 weeks of age, and we are wondering y’alls thoughts on whether the larger bird is a Comet Rooster or a hen but a different breed….

Any thoughts?

View attachment 2755651View attachment 2755653

We bought these chickens from a local tracker supply 5 weeks ago. I believe they were only 1.5 weeks old when we got them.

As chicks the two looked extremely similar, but one was always larger and became significantly larger in short order. (The bird in the top image grew much faster).

So here we are, 6-7 weeks of age, and we are wondering y’alls thoughts on whether the larger bird is a Comet Rooster or a hen but a different breed….

Any thoughts?
The first one is a cockerel and not a golden comet.

View attachment 2755651View attachment 2755653

Any thoughts?
The first one is CL the 2nd one is a OE or a EE

Back
Top Bottom