What breed/gender is my new chick???

PammieMae

Hatching
Aug 17, 2015
My oldest daughter and I were at TSC last night and of course I had to stop and look at the babies!!!! Lol.
This one chick caught my eye as she/he was the only one in its bin that had full feathered wings!! So I named it Armani as its so stylish it had to have its wings feathered earlier than all the rest!! Lol. The bin it was in labeled these as Red New Hampshires, but after researching, my newbie opinion is that she may be a Golden Comet pullet by coloring??? But again I don't know. Here she/he is. The chicks next to her were labeled Leghorn pullets and Barred rocks sr. Her? wing feathers are actually a creamish color. Hard to tell in these pics they didn't seem to embed well coming from my phone.

im also guessing she/he is probably only about a few days old at the most....???

Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!

Thank You!!! I'm still learning so I may be way off on everything I'm thinking in my original post. Lol.
1f60a.png

But if it helps she? is about the same size as the rest of my mix I brought home (although a different type) and was the same size as the rest of the chicks in her? bin at TSC. The only think that made her stand out was the amount of feathering on the wings and tail. The rest of the chicks in that bin had the same amount of starting feathering as the rest of my mix. Here's a pic of the group I brought home.

Back
Top Bottom