What breed/gender?

Wilebaum

Songster
8 Years
Nov 2, 2014
Murfreesboro, TN
Picked up these 5 at 2 weeks, they needed a home. Should be about 6-7 weeks old in these pictures.

Breed and gender, or best guess as they're probably a barnyard mix. First one's clearly a rooster.

Just curious what breeds are mixed in and I suspect I have more than one rooster.

Thanks!

:welcome! 1 and 3 are definitely roosters, and 2 might be too but it's hard to see the comb with that head on shot. 4 looks to have a nice small comb and I would say pullet on her. 1 and 4 might be purebred leghorns, 2 and 3 I would guess mixes on. 5 I'm thinking also rooster but again hard to tell with the head on shot but the comb looks pretty developed. I would say mix of some sort on him too.

Picked up these 5 at 2 weeks, they needed a home. Should be about 6-7 weeks old in these pictures.

Breed and gender, or best guess as they're probably a barnyard mix. First one's clearly a rooster.

1. Cockerel, probably a White Rock or White Rock mix.

2. Probably a pullet, but not sure on breed/mix.

3. Definitely a cockerel. Some sort of Barred Rock mix.

4. Pullet, possibly a Delaware, Columbian Rock, or Columbian Wyandotte mix.

5. Thinking cockerel, but I'd need a clear photo of the head (not obscured by wire) to tell for sure. Not sure on breed/mix.

Just curious what breeds are mixed in and I suspect I have more than one rooster.

Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif

Agree 1 and 3 are males. That 3 bird is going to be beautiful when he matures!

Just an update. 1,3,5 were certainly roosters, 3 and 5 found a nice farm. 1 I've kept.

2 is the one I'm still unsure about. It'll bump chest with the rooster(1) a bit. I almost imagine saddle favors and it always has had a faintest green sheen in the right light. All the same age, from the same barnyard mixing pot.
The dark one.

Any updated gender guesses on #2?

Back
Top Bottom