What breed has white chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cochinfan, Aug 27, 2010.

1. cochinfan

cochinfan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2009
    I was just at the farm store (Atwood's) and they have a new batch of chicks in. In one of the bins, they had pure white chicks. What breeds could they possibly be? I was under the impression the white chickens generally start out as light yellow.

Very curious,
    Cochinfan

2. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    I have no idea...but now I am curious

3. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    this isn't much help but I beleive silkies and EEs fall in that category but i'm sure it's much bigger.

4. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    my white EE started yellow. The day I got them, I thought the hatchery forget to send me one EE and sent me a NHR instead....they actually had it right....ops. But she was def. yellow for the first week or so.

5. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    A few do, what color legs do they have?

6. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Might have been guineas?

7. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    cochins...I had a white cochin chick (that of course turned to be a white cochin cockeral)

8. cochinfan

cochinfan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2009
    I did not pay attention to what color legs they had. I guess I might have to go back and look at them. I do not believe they are cochins as they did not have feathered feet. All of my cochins had feathered feet from the start. I'm pretty sure they were chicks not keats. The store orders from Ideal but that didn't help me when I went to the Ideal website. I'm glad I'm not the only one stumped!

9. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    this silkie I purchased from Ideal looked white next to the EE who was yellow but feathering out white. all three are from Ideal[​IMG]

Here is a pic of her seperately
    [​IMG]

10. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm, when people always say white chicks I think Cornish Xs... However it does depend heavily on their leg colour some times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by