WHAT BREED IARE THESE TWO?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TitiBebbs, Dec 26, 2007.

1. TitiBebbs

TitiBebbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    BlueBelle is one of our hens. She has the sweetest temperament and lays very large medium-brown eggs. Dad has decoded that she's a (I think) New Hampshire Red, but he's full of thoughts about things that are usually wrong, especially when it comes to my chickens.

[​IMG]
    Here she is. She is such a sweetheart.

This one is Blondie. He's quite reserved personality-wise. He's not very aggressive. I've read about some roos that take care of the hens. He seems to be one of those. Yesterday, he was digging/scratching and he made a noise. Three of the girls closest to him came running and he moved back while the girls took over the spot he'd been in. Everyone seems quite content. He stays close but isn't overprotective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

The first one looks like a red sexlink. White feathers in tail and speckled hackle feathers say that to me.

The second is a buff orp? A bit skinny but still got some girth to him. This one is a guess.

3. nu2chixinmo

nu2chixinmo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Sturgeon, MO
    I was thinking the same thing silkie chicken. I am getting to know my breeds, slowly but surely:) - maybe.....[​IMG]

4. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    The hen looks like a Red Sexlink

The Buff looks like an Orpington. Could also be a buff rock. What color in his skin and legs?

Matt
    Morganton, NC

5. TitiBebbs

Mar 26, 2007
    Quote:Red Sex-Link would have been my guess. And it makes more sense since we have a roo that I am sure is a red sex-link.

[​IMG]
    Goldie

Quote:I keep telling Dad that he's a buff, but Dad thinks the orps have the feathered legs even though I showed him pictures to the contrary. I showed him it's the cochins who have feathered legs. Blondie looks skinny in these pictures, I see that now. He's actually thicker than he looks in those pics.

6. TitiBebbs

Mar 26, 2007
    Quote:His legs are pinkish and his skin is kind os light tan. I looked on McMurray (my chicken bible for now) and the buff rocks have yellow legs. So I was right! [​IMG]

7. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
  8. TitiBebbs

Mar 26, 2007
    Quote:Oh am I embarrassed. I was told that he is a red six-link. Gosh, I don't know what I have anymore. Since I'm so lost, what might Goldie be?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I think the boy is a buff orp mix I know the girl is a sexlink. I gotta get some pics of my girls later to!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by