What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fancyfeathers38, Jan 18, 2012.

1. fancyfeathers38

fancyfeathers38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    We've had Anna since she was a chick and was sold to us as an Americauna (sorry if that's not spelled right), but as she grew it was apparent she wasn't a purebred due to the Silkie like feathers that she has. She Lays Green eggs.
    [​IMG]
    Any ideas to what she is? [​IMG]

2. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Hmmm, not a clue on what kind she is, but....
    [​IMG]
    On green eggs!! I have two Americaunas, both lay brown eggs!!

I am GREEN with Envy

3. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    She's an Easter Egger. Not an actual breed but a mix of breeds that lay green eggs.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if she has americana blood in her that would make her an ee. she could just be a silkied amereicana but that feathering is really a project so i doubt it. theres really no telling what she is besides an ee, theres silkie some weres in her background as well

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    She looks exactly that the ones they're working on in the thread Kathy linked! Beautiful! There is some question whether there are silkie genes in the back ground or what, but that really doesn't matter to me, they're beautiful.

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    After significant research there's no evidence they have Silkie blood and there are silkied feathers spontaneously in other breeds, such as Cochins and Ayam Cemani. I have several and there aren't any signs AT ALL of them being of Silkie blood, such as hypermelanotic coloring, sprigs, bearding, cresting, etc.

Fancy Feathers, where did you get yours? Is she white? Does she have yellow pads on her feet or white? She's lovely!

7. plecostrum

plecostrum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    ENGLAND UK
    IS it a silkie cross Araucana.

My lavender Araucana lays duck egg blue eggs /green

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

The thing is..... to have Silkied feathers, BOTH parents must be Silkied, or carry the Silkied gene.
    For example, if you cross a regular feathered chicken with a Silkie, the chick would NOT have Silkied feathers, but WOULD carry the gene.

9. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    her pic looks like white sultan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by