What breed is best for showing?

Ali Gator

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I have recently started 4h club and they have poultry judging. What breed is best. I want something dosile. It doesn't really matter if it can lay. My top breeds are porclein booted bantams, Hamburgs, Cubalayas, Seabrights,Sicilian buttercups. I am only twelve so I need something dosile.

I do have a beautiful chicken I cant remember what breed. All I know is that he is f2. Can anyone tell me what breed?

*Docile* I would recommend bantam Brahmas or bantam cochins. They are calm UNLIKE Hamburgs and Sebrights. Plus I've heard Sebrights are hard to raise up. LF Brahmas always get stared at and people are amazed by their size. BTW don't buy from a hatchery. Their stock is garbage.

Brahmas tend to be docile; some cochins are and some are not. The most aggressive chickens I have ever seen were bantam cochin cockerels. (But I have also seen some very sweet cochins). Most silkies are docile. Nankins are, polish tend to be, some booted bantams are and some are not. Araucana can be really sweet, serama are docile, some moderns are, some dutch are.

English Orpingtons are VERY docile and make a wonderful show chickens, egg layers, meat birds and mothers...I breed them and will soon be selling hatching eggs..feel free to check out my website...the link to it and my FB page are below in my signature! Please feel free to PM me on here or E-mail me @...[email protected] if you have any questions or are interested.

Back
Top Bottom