What breed is he? Yokohama???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by corancher, Oct 10, 2011.

1. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    My husband was at an auction several weeks ago, he purchased this rooster thinking he looked like the breeds we have. We have Orpingtons of several colors, Delawares, BLRW, Mottled Javas, Buckeyes, Barnevelders so I don't get where he thought it looked like some that we have. [​IMG]

Anyway, I think this guy may be a Yokohama but I couldn't find pictures of any with this color and the comb with that little crest thing doesn't look right. He could just be a mutt of some kind. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    maybe an EE/game mix....?

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    my spitzhauben throw that kind of mix, maybe with EE?

4. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

He is definitely not a Yokohama. He is most likely a barnyard mix or maybe an EE/Game mix.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Okay, why are people guessing EE x Game? Just curious.

He's got white earlobes, a V comb, a crest, etc - There's no EE in there and the big tail is from the Polish side. [​IMG]

Looks like a Polish cross to me. [​IMG]

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    of all the ee pics i have seen he does not look like any ee i have ever seen nor a game mix. he has those feathers on the top of his head that a few breeds have but my main guess as to were he gets that would be from a polish. so im guessing a polish mix. could possable have yokohama mixed in

7. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG] he's got the earlobes, the hairdo, need to find out where the comb came from...

8. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks for the infomation. I just know he is not like any of the breeds I have. He is kind of a nice fellow and gets along fine with everyone. He is pretty flighty and sure didn't like be in quarantine for four weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by