What breed is "Mr Sexy"

luckycluk

Songster
9 Years
May 31, 2014
Salisbury/Faith

I was given this rooster a year ago along with 5 RIR hens and 1 hen that looks like a RIR but she is beige colored. My granddaughter named the rooster Mr Sexy. I would like to know what kind he is. Maybe a Brahma? My RIR hen sat on 8 eggs of her own and hatched one. The chick has the roosters color along with his fuzzy feet. It is about 12 weeks old now. That is one of the reasons I was wondering what breed Mr Sexy is.I have a pic of the chic when it was one day old, I will take a pick of the chick tomorrow and post a resent pic. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you Michael. I have another question. My RIR hatched one egg and so far it looks like Mr Sexy. This may sound stupid but it has fuzzy feet and the coloring resembles him. How do I tell if it is a rooster or not. I hope it isn't . I will take a recent pic and post it tomorrow. I have a pic of the chic at 1 day old.

Thank you Michael. I have another question. My RIR hatched one egg and so far it looks like Mr Sexy. This may sound stupid but it has fuzzy feet and the coloring resembles him. How do I tell if it is a rooster or not. I hope it isn't . I will take a recent pic and post it tomorrow. I have a pic of the chic at 1 day old.

You won't be able to tell its sex at one day old. If you will post it's pic at a couple of months old, we should be able to sex it for you then.

The feathered legs and pea comb of the rooster are dominant, so most of his babies would have them no matter the momma. His color is silver based, which is also dominant over the gold of the Red momma, so most of his babies will be silver of some sort. You won't be able to sex them until about 6ish weeks or so.

Thanks for all the replies and help. The chick is about 12 weeks old now. I will take a pic this afternoon and post it. Again thank you.

Back
Top Bottom