1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is "Mr Sexy"

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luckycluk, Oct 5, 2015.

1. luckycluk

luckycluk Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

I was given this rooster a year ago along with 5 RIR hens and 1 hen that looks like a RIR but she is beige colored. My granddaughter named the rooster Mr Sexy. I would like to know what kind he is. Maybe a Brahma? My RIR hen sat on 8 eggs of her own and hatched one. The chick has the roosters color along with his fuzzy feet. It is about 12 weeks old now. That is one of the reasons I was wondering what breed Mr Sexy is.I have a pic of the chic when it was one day old, I will take a pick of the chick tomorrow and post a resent pic. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Mr. Sexy is a Dark Brahma. He is a beautiful bird. :eek:)

3. luckycluk

May 31, 2014
    Thank you Michael. I have another question. My RIR hatched one egg and so far it looks like Mr Sexy. This may sound stupid but it has fuzzy feet and the coloring resembles him. How do I tell if it is a rooster or not. I hope it isn't . I will take a recent pic and post it tomorrow. I have a pic of the chic at 1 day old.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2

5. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You won't be able to tell its sex at one day old. If you will post it's pic at a couple of months old, we should be able to sex it for you then.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Dark Brahma

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The feathered legs and pea comb of the rooster are dominant, so most of his babies would have them no matter the momma. His color is silver based, which is also dominant over the gold of the Red momma, so most of his babies will be silver of some sort. You won't be able to sex them until about 6ish weeks or so.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Dark Brahma

9. luckycluk

May 31, 2014
    Thanks for all the replies and help. The chick is about 12 weeks old now. I will take a pic this afternoon and post it. Again thank you.

10. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by