What breed is my Bantam Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by taylorm17, Jan 29, 2014.

1. taylorm17

taylorm17 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2014
    I don't have pictures, but he looks just like a Dutch bantam, but without the white ear lobes. Does anyone have some ideas of what breed he could be or what I could pull him off to be? Thanks everyone. I will post a pictures as soon as I get one! Also I have 2 hens that are Bantams or Bantam chicken crosses, but Don't know what they could be either. I will have pictures soon. Thanks!!![​IMG]

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    He could be BB red bantam. (not my picture)
    [​IMG]

Or maybe Wheaten? (not my picture either)
    [​IMG]

Maybe even a Golden Duckwing? (obviously not my picture)
    [​IMG]

But there's really no way to know until we can see pictures. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If he looks just like a Dutch Bantam, but doesn't have white earlobes, he's almost certainly an Old English Game or Old English Game mix. Old English Game are fairly common and are often confused with Dutch Bantams. But, a picture would help confirm.

4. taylorm17

Jan 29, 2014
    This is Him. His name is Big Red. I will post the other 2 hens in a few minutes. It was already dark outside so I took them in the mudroom.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. taylorm17

Jan 29, 2014
    This is Ricki my sisters bantam. She is about the same size as the rooster and maybe a little wider. She is bigger than My bantam who I will post next! Thanks everyone.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. taylorm17

Jan 29, 2014
    This is Auburn my little Bantam. She is longer than Ricki. Build a little more like Big Red the rooster. Thanks again

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Well they definitely aren't pure OEGBs. [​IMG]I'm thinking all of your birds are the same breed. The hens definitely look like they have some Red sex-link in them. I'm guessing they are probably a mix between a RSL and a Wheaton or BB red OEGB. [​IMG]
    I hope someone else adds their input.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. taylorm17

Jan 29, 2014
    Does anyone know if I would be able to pull him of as a breed or is he just going to have to be a pet or daddy to some chicks?

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm confused and concerned that you keep using the phrase "pull him off" as a specific breed. What do you mean by that? Are you going to try to pass him as a purebred bird somehow?

1 person likes this.
  10. taylorm17

Jan 29, 2014
    No. I don't plan on showing really more of what I could call him. I buy purebreds as chicks to show. I got these three from up the road. I just wanted to know and wanted something to call him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by