What breed is my chick????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Brockie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Brockie

Brockie New Egg

Feb 16, 2012
    I have 4 chicks that I bought last week, the shop that I got them from said that they were all warren hens, But as thier feathers are coming through one of the chicks is a completly different coulor to all the others. As these are my first ever chickens i dont know wether i am right in saying that the one is definatly not a warren hen. If any1 would be kind enough to let me know if I am riight and could possibly tell me what she could possibly be. Pics below :)

[​IMG]
    This is one of her on her own. And the pic below she is with the other chicks......
    [​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Where are you located? I have never heard of a breed called Warren. The white ones look like White Leghorns maybe and the little reddish one may be a Red Sexlink. It's too early to tell if they are hens or roosters.

3. a4e82bad

a4e82bad Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
  4. Brockie

Brockie New Egg

Feb 16, 2012
    Aberdare but had the chicks from Zoars ark in Neath. They said that they were warren hens. Like I sed Im a newbie so not 100% sure. we wanted good egg laying hens and these are what they suggested. :/ have I been taken for a mug?? They also sed that they are 99.9% hens??? but if I did have a rooster they would take him back. As my neighbours wouldnt appriciate a rooster lol. hence why we only wanted hens,

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Are you in the US? I think that is why the confusion.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    When you said you got them from a shop, I thought you meant a pet shop. They usually don't know a thing about chickens. Your second post makes me think they came from a hatchery... am I right? If so, they probably sexed the chicks and you can be reasonably sure they are hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by