What breed is my frizzle roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frizzlefraz, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Frizzlefraz

Frizzlefraz Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Got this Fella at the markets. Owners did not know the breed. Have been breeding him with silkies and have made lots of cute frizzle chicks :)

2. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    can you post pics from other angles

3. Frizzlefraz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Hmm. How big is he? He doesn't look unlike what my frizzle Cochin x silkie rooster did and that could explain the rosé comb.

5. Frizzlefraz

He is quite small for a roo. I would say bantam size.

6. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    That would be my guess then

Can't seem to insert one from my phone but if you check my galleries there should be a photo of my rooster in there to compare.

That cross technically makes a sizzle but mine didn't get the rosé comb and by the looks of it, if thats what yours is, he didn't get enough toes or the right colour skin to be more than pet quality.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I wouldn't guess Cochin, as the legs would be much better in the feathering department.

He is probably many generations frizzle.. Most likely has some cochin in him crossed with something else entirely.. Something with a rose comb.

[​IMG]
    Here is my frizzle (Polish x Silkie).

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like a frizzled Wyandotte mix to me, based off of the comb and general body shape. However, he definitely has some feather legged breed in him, and isn't purebred.

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

That was my first inclination, but if it was with a frizzled cochin (based on feathered legs and bantam size and the general availability of frizzled cochins via hatchery), the type is way too thin.

The type actually reminds me of a golden spangled hamburg

[​IMG]

10. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by