What Breed is my hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jennyworley35, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jennyworley35

jennyworley35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    Elmore Alabama
    I bought this hen from a local chicken auction. I have searched and can not find another like her but she is very beautiful. I am new to the whole chicken thing but have fallen hard and fast. I love them so much. Anyway Annabell is silver or blue as it's called and she has small crest on her head. She is feather footed and has very full feathers. She lays an off white egg about the same size as my silkie eggs I am trying to hatch. She lays just about every day. She is bigger than my Belgian D'Uccle but not as big as some other breeds. I am uploading some photos hopefully BTCers can help me id her breed or maybe she is cross breed. Also the white hen I'm pretty sure she is a cochin but any comments on her would be appreciated also Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Feathered feet and a crest.. I'm going with silkie mix. Guessing maybe with cochin. She is beautiful, and will lay you some nice eggs!

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    silkie cross

4. aoxa

Oh and the white one does look cochin from the pics. Better images may help determine for sure though :)

5. jennyworley35

jennyworley35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    Elmore Alabama
    Thanks for the input that is what I thought at first too but her skin is not black also I saw a picture on here of a blue orp and looked just like her but i don't think they have feather feet

6. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    she looks like a cross between a blue cochin and a silkie

7. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    They don't have feathered feet and they have red ear lobes. I say she is a mix of a few breeds. She is pretty though.

8. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    X 2 except the white earlobe

9. aoxa

Silkies have white earlobes, which is where she would have picked them up.

10. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    The Silkies I'm used to seeing have a blue-ish color.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by