What breed is my mutt (closest to

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by badbuffalo, May 11, 2011.

1. badbuffalo

badbuffalo Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Fullerville, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Amy guesses? Also what kind of crazy comb is it?

2. PHILMAN

PHILMAN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    South Plainfield , NJ
    Looks like one of thoses Holland Or Domniques to me . Good luck !

3. cecilia1959

cecilia1959 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2010
    He is a roo and has some bared rock I think...He is pretty

4. badbuffalo

Nov 1, 2010
    Fullerville, NY
    Yup deffinatly a roo, he has been crowing since about 2 1/2 months old, 5 months old now. He is friendly, always the first chicken when called (especcially when black oil sun flower seeds are involved). He and 7 others came from my first attempt with a incubator, random eggs grabbed from the girlfriends parents farm.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think.....his pattern looks more cuckoo than barred? And the comb looks like a single comb bird mixed with a not single comb bird..........not much help, right? Actually, my bsl roo who is a NH roo over barred rock hen, has a very similar comb, looks like a ribbon with a wave in it, and those were both straight comb birds. Huh. I'm guessing maybe cuckoo marans mix? Sorry, don't know much about marans, some breeder will prolly come tell me how wrong I am, but I guess that's how we learn, right?

6. badbuffalo

Nov 1, 2010
    Fullerville, NY
    His father(I thinks) has a comb similar to the roo on the right(much larger) and is also barred or cuckoo the mother is a ....not a clue (thats what makes mutts fun:D) [​IMG]

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    You have a Dalmation Dit-Dot!! [​IMG]

8. badbuffalo

Nov 1, 2010
    Fullerville, NY
    Probly gonna wind up keeping him as long as he stays nice, the big white roo wound up with a beer can in him on my bbq (he was getting mean to the other roo's and kinda funny around us, quite tasty though) and the other roo will wind up there soon when they start fighting. I kinda wanted to keep a bo roo but the girlfriend fell in love with the barred roo cause he crows on command, and is the first to say hello in the morning. Now i just have to find a place for the 9 out of 15 tsc buff orpingtons that are looking more and more roo ish. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by