What breed is my mystery chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fleetwood77, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Fleetwood77

Fleetwood77 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2015
    Boise, Idaho
    When I got the chicks I ordered, there was an extra one with them. One was completely gray and one was gray with a little yellow (mostly on her head). One of them is definitely a White Plymouth Rock, since that is what I ordered. I thought the other one might be a second White Plymouth Rock, but now that they are 2 weeks old I am not so sure anymore.

Chick 1 is what I believe the White Plymouth Rock. Her wing feathers are coming in nicely and are completely white.

[​IMG]

Chick 2 at 1 week old. Still completely Grey/Silver.

[​IMG]

Chick 2 at 2 weeks old. Her feathers that are coming in are a silverish or grayish white with darker gray lines or spots in them. This leads me to believe she can't be a White Plymouth Rock. Any thoughts as to what breed she could be?
    [​IMG]

2. Cruiser250

Cruiser250 New Egg

Mar 5, 2016
    It might just be a darker white Plymouth Rock? If that is such a thing. Here is a pic of one I found, it's supposedly a white.
    It looks about the same, only younger. Hope that helps.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    What hatchery?

4. Fleetwood77

Dec 10, 2015
    Boise, Idaho
    Chickens for Backyards.com

5. Fleetwood77

Dec 10, 2015
    Boise, Idaho
    She is now 1 month old. Still no clue what breed she might be. Maybe a Lavender something?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    It's possible that she is a Lavender Orpington, but I'm not completely sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by