1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is my mystery chicken ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HardisonsHens, May 19, 2014.

1. HardisonsHens

HardisonsHens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    North Carolina
    This is a pic of Ruby the mystery chicken who is now a couple months old any thoughts on what breed of chicken she is ?[​IMG]

2. FoxyChicken

FoxyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    NE MN
    Hatchery quality silver laced wyandotte would be my guess. She's cute!

3. HardisonsHens

Jun 28, 2012
    North Carolina
    she is very cute and such a sweetheart ! The day I got her was when I was going to pk up two barred rocks and I come across this one and had to have her. The girl at the feed store knew she wasn't a barred rock but the people they get their chicks from swear they only sent barred rocks that day:D is there anything in particular I need to know about wyandotts ?

4. FoxyChicken

FoxyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    NE MN
    Well I only have one wyandotte so I don't have much experience to go off of, but my Lucy was my friendliest chick by far. Eventually they all got used to me but she was my buddy from the get-go! She's definately a firecracker, tons of personality and runs everywhere she goes. She likes to ride around on my shoulder and has even jumped on my head! Also has a distinct voice from the rest. As sweet as she is to me though, she's a bully with the other chickens. I've heard that from other people as well, so just keep an eye on her behavior and nip any bullying in the bud! Unfortunately I didn't do that and now have a serious feather picking problem because a few others learned it from her.
    Good luck with her!

5. HerbanChicks

HerbanChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    Looks exactly like my silver laced wyandotte

6. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Looks like she'll be a bantam silver lace.

7. HardisonsHens

Jun 28, 2012
    North Carolina
    She wound up being as big as my barred rock[​IMG]But unexpectedly passed away this summer, saddened me sooo much she was so sweet and beautiful[​IMG]

8. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Aww,sorry for your lost.

9. HardisonsHens

Jun 28, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thank you so much it was hard.I just posted a pic of my newbie that my nephew gave me for Christmas any input would be appreciated[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by