What breed is my rooster?

Pics

Ellington64

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2018
6000977F-25DA-406E-B1C0-91D4FDCAFE96.jpeg I’m very new to raising backyard chickens. I got this rooster because he was so pretty and friendly. Just not sure what kind he is.

I have four different breed hens that I was just using for egg supply but my grandson wanted babies so we got this rooster not really knowing what we were doing (for his entertainment). We have two babies now that hatched today so I can’t wait for him to get home from school. We still have four more eggs that my hen is setting on.

View attachment 1303885 I’m very new to raising backyard chickens. I got this rooster because he was so pretty and friendly. Just not sure what kind he is.
He looks exactly like my rooster who I used to have, Ray.
He was a Basque Marraduna, he was quite aggressive and attacked me all the time when I was little. I was terrified of him and cried everytime I went into the run to play with the hens.
*Cough cough until my sister showed me that I could kick the crap out of him cough cough*

I mean what :D

He is beautiful though, if hes not aggressive like my boy Ray, you will get some very pretty offspring from him.

Welcome to BYC and good luck with your flock!

-Misty

Back
Top Bottom