What breed is my rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Foghorn Leghorn, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn In the Brooder

Oct 22, 2007
    oklahoma
    This is Mr Pecky and Annie aka Puddles! When I got Mr Pecky, he was a tiny chick that had a very pecked up behind. The feed store sold him to me for 60 cents! I think he's beautiful and him and Annie are so funny together, they [​IMG]are best friends!!

2. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    It looks like a golden cuckoo marans. Look them up for comparison. Handsome dude!!!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Male sexlink?

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Songster

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I don't know what breed he is but that is a great pic.

[​IMG]

5. akcskye

akcskye Songster

Apr 11, 2007
    Ummmm...I hope they stay best friends.

3 dachshunds broke into my yard in june and killed my roo and a hen.

Call it "nature" or not...they broke into my yard and did that and then barked at me when I got in my yard.

I'm sorry...the pic was just a flashback for me...I pray it doesn't happen to you.

6. Nupine

Nupine Songster

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Hmmmm...... Very attractive, I would say crele penedesca, if I spelled that right.

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Crowing

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    looks a lot like one of my roosters (long-since deceased [​IMG]). i've always wondered what breed he was... still don't know though. [​IMG] Your roo is really pretty, and the dog too.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  8. greyfields

greyfields Crowing

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    He's a hybrid of some sort.... he has a lot of color on him for a BSL, but there is a lot of variation in BSL plumage. I've never really seen a Maran that mottled, either. I'm guessing he's a mutt of some sort.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: