What breed is my rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nillin, Mar 14, 2013.

1. nillin

nillin New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    My husband chose this rooster as the flock leader. However, he had no idea what breed it is and I have spent countless hours trying to find rooster photos similar or researching his characteristics.. Figured you all might have a better chance at calling the breeds he must be mixed with! Any ideas would be helpful, thank you!

[​IMG]

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    His body has Ancona feathering.

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Nillin, your husband has good taste in roosters! Your boy is beautiful. He is an outstanding specimen of several breeds and should have his very own breed name. That gorgeous white crest reminds me of Richard Gere. As handsome as Richard Gere is, I believe I would have to pick your rooster for the winner in a beauty contest. [​IMG] And the breed is...........(drumroll)...............Mottled Martinique! [​IMG]

4. nillin

nillin New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    Thank you! He is quite the good-looking one. I can't find any photos or references to Mottled Martinique. I am curious about him and what breeds mixed to create all his different colors. I have two chickens hatched from him and a Buff Orphington and they are pretty too but very random.

[​IMG]

5. farmer boy

farmer boy Chillin' With My Peeps

he looks like my OEGB how old is he ??? the comb is same the neck feathers is same i will try to find a pic of my OEGB to show you

6. farmer boy

this is a OEGB but mine is a mix it is a old english game bantam / frizzle so he looks like yours more then this one but its just an example sorta the same i couldn't find a pic of mine but

7. farmer boy

nvm it doesn't show the pic when i posted it but just type in old english game bantam it looks sorta the same but i'd say yours is a mix

8. nillin

nillin New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    I see the similarities. I just can't put my finger on it

9. farmer boy

it could be part old english game bantam but idk what the other would be in it though because you can tell its part of it but then theres others in it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by