what breed is Mystery???

evonne

Songster
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
Las Vegas
42437_100_0218.jpg

i know the pics not the best, but i think with my description you guys can probly peg it for me...
*oohh just looked at hte pic larger, please ignore the poop.. lol..*

i traded some eggs for what were sposed to be 5 jersey giant eggs.... 1 didn't develop, 3 hatched out nice black jersey giants,
then i get that old sesame street song going through my head... one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.. lol...
her? down is kinda buffy with a mor yellow stripe down the back... feathers are coming in buff... straight comb, yellow legs with VERY sparse feathering... like a tiny line down each leg, and it stops at the top of her toe, no feathers on her toes...

any ideas?? or is she a mutt?? i emailed the guy i got the eggs from to see what else he has, but haven't heard back... she's turning into quite the lap chick already... i'm typing one handed because she's perched on my hand asleep..... lol

*edit for typos*

Last edited:
Quote:
i was thinking the leg feathering was similar to what marans should have, but didn't know if any color variety has that color chicks... that would be nuts if she turns out to be a wheaten marans... they're beautiful birds... i doubt that's it though.. egg wasn't dark...

she doesn't have enough leg feathering for a brahma i don't think... i could be wrong....

i'll give a couple more days for the guy to answer my email then i'll give him a call to see if i can find out...

Back
Top Bottom