What breed is Noodle? (our new bantam :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OhThePlaces, Apr 16, 2012.

1. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    We have a feeling that at least one of our current three bantam chicks will be a roo, so we decided to pick up one more today from the feed store.

She is black and cream in color. She has a black beak and black legs with orange toes. She's bigger than our other three... they're all a little over 2 weeks old. Any ideas on her breed?
    [​IMG]
    Off to the left is Vivian, who we believe is a Japanese Bantam (thanks to your opinions!)
    [​IMG]
    Our new girl to the left, Vivian in the middle and to the right is Amelia, any ideas what she is?
    [​IMG]
    Amelia on the left, Noodle on the right
    [​IMG]

TIA! :)

2. OhThePlaces

Apr 9, 2012
    No guesses? [​IMG]

3. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    First, I am not sure that she is a bantam...she looks awfully big..although she could be one of the larger breeds made bantam.

She looks a lot like our black australorp baby...check them out and see what you think :)

4. OhThePlaces

Apr 9, 2012
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't want to say it and sound like a crazy lady, but I've been worried that she's not a bantam too. She just seems so large for being the same age. I asked the feed store guy for reassurance and he acted pretty sure that she was, but who knows. They got in the bantam delivery on the 4th, so the chicks that were still there yesterday were kind of the leftovers. And even though we chose from the bantam bin, there were a bunch of turkey chicks mixed in, along with at least one standard (a barred rock, I believe) who was being picked on in his respective bin. I wouldn't mind, but our coop is small.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by