What breed is our bird?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bobthewhite, Jul 9, 2016.

1. bobthewhite

bobthewhite New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    We recently found this young bird with a hurt eye that is now almost completely healed. We are keeping it in a pen on our porch where it is eating and drinking food from our chickens. We think it could be a bobwhite quail that is albino or as we found online "a white bobwhite quail" it this true? If not, what is this bird? We are going to keep it, and are also looking for a hatchery that would ship us just one or two sexed quails of any breed to give our bird a friend. Does anyone know of a place like this? We have a picture of the bird, as well as a searched image of a "white bobwhites" hopefully someone knows what it is!

Our bird >
    [​IMG]
    Internet white bobwhites > [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I never knew they came in white - sitting ducks for predators. Please post on the" quail thread". Just put that in the search box and it will pop up.

3. That Quail Lady

That Quail Lady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Houston
    [​IMG]

Here is my A&M Quail. I specify in the breed. Looks exactly like a A&M quail. I can tell by the humped back. Neck, face, and were the legs are placed, definantly a A&M.

Oh and the white bobwhites are selectively bred to look like that they don't just come in that color.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    good to know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by