What breed is she??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Irmasmom, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Irmasmom

Irmasmom Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. chickencraz

chickencraz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Washington State
    She is an Easter Egger.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How old? She looks like a he. Think I see pointy hackle feathers

4. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    Easter egger

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    EE

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    EE pullet -- the coloring/pattern of the feathering on the neck are giving an appearance of being more pointed than they really are......the rest of the plumage is all pullet.

7. Irmasmom

May 3, 2016
    She is 5 1/2 mo old. I do know she is a girl I've actually watched her lay an egg :). I was told she is an Americana-auracana?? I don't know much since I'm just starting. Is an Easter egger the same thing? I had seen EE pictures and it looked like her.. That's why I wanted the opinions

8. chickencraz

chickencraz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Washington State
    Feed stores that say they are selling Americana, Araucanas, or Ameraucanas, are actually selling EEs. It's not really their fault though, because they have to label the chicks what the hatchery they got them from, called them.

9. BirdManOK

BirdManOK Just Hatched

Sep 1, 2016
    Here'a a good thread on the confusion and reality surrounding the Ameraucana/Araucana breeds and the Easter Egger hybrid.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/128806/differences-ee-ameraucana-araucana-pls-post-pics

10. Irmasmom

May 3, 2016
    Thank you for the article! It was very informative! I have two of these ladies.. I know they had both laid eggs because there was one day I had two pale green eggs.. however, since that day (almost 2 weeks ago) I am only getting one green one a day. I have seen the same one in the box on two occasions so i know she is laying. Do they change colors of the eggs they lay or stay with the same color. I am wondering if the other one isnt laying anymore or they just happen to be on alternating schedules.. since that day i get one green one each day. I know they are all still working on their cycles. I have 14 girls and the most I have gotten in one day is 8. Thank you for your help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by