what breed is she??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GeeVee, Aug 5, 2010.

1. GeeVee

GeeVee In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Sonoma County
    Hi all-
    i have a hen who i bought at a hatchery as an "ameraucana" but i dont believe it. she looks kinda like a welsummer but her comb is gigantic!
    what breed or mix of breeds do you think she might be?
    [​IMG]

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Light brown leghorn

Does she have white ears?

3. canyoncritters

canyoncritters In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Silverado
    I agree, SC lt. brown leghorn. if I'm not mistaken, I think you can see her white earlobes, little blurred though. She seems real active and healthy and in production (or about to be) with that lopped comb. [​IMG]

4. GeeVee

GeeVee In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Sonoma County
    thank you. haha yeah that comb was blowing in the wind as she tried to outrun my scary camera [​IMG]
    i believe her lobes are white, although i should double check

5. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Songster

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Hey!! I bought an "Ameraucana" from a pet store that turned into a white Leghorn, too!! We should start a movement and protest!!

I've grown to love our nutty leghorn, though, and so far even her pullet eggs are bigger that the Barred Rock and Production Red's pullet eggs, and she's the only one that hasn't missed a day since they started laying. And she's a riot to watch. Reminds me of the Roadrunner cartoon when she runs across the yard at top speed - for no apparent reason. Also the only one to still fly over the fence even with clipped wings! I think when she realized nobody else could come with her on the adventure, she decided not to do it again.

6. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Songster

Jan 18, 2010
    Most defenitely a Brown Leghorn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by