1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What breed is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WildHorseMountain, Oct 27, 2011.

1. WildHorseMountain

WildHorseMountain In the Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    E. Oklahoma
    I already know what she is, just want to know what you think she is. Is she really a silver cuckoo Marans?

[​IMG]

Here's another picture of her with her sister:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

2. Intetdreamer

Intetdreamer In the Brooder

Aug 7, 2011
    I have some BCM hens and the face make me think marans.

3. WildHorseMountain

Jun 21, 2011
    E. Oklahoma
    Her bars are so pronounced and bold black instead of gray compared to her other two sisters, and her legs are yellow. She is definitely a Marans, just one of a different color.

4. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i dont think she is a marans with those yellow legs. marans legs are white not yellow she looks more like a barred rock instead and those bars on her are more uniform than in a cockoo marans.

marans

[​IMG]

br

[​IMG]

she must have been accidently thrown in with the marans. i am sure its a barred rock and not a marans

EDIT: she looks like my br...how old is she?

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Looks like my BRs to me.

6. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    100% barred rock

7. JPinVT

JPinVT Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    I think she's a barred rock, but her "sister" on the right in the second photo does look like a cuckoo marans.

8. rsarns

rsarns Chirping

Apr 25, 2011
    Quote:X2

9. heath_elisha

heath_elisha Songster

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    We adopted a day old chick in July 2011. We were told she was a barred rock or barred rock x dorking. She does not have the bold stripes of a barred rock though...... more muted like a silver cuckoo maran, as mentioned above. I suppose I should get a picture up on here for all of your opinions, too!!

10. WildHorseMountain

Jun 21, 2011
    E. Oklahoma
    Thank you all for verifying that!!!!! I just knew it, she even acts different, very flighty. She was sold to me as a Silver Cuckoo Marans from My Pet Chicken. She did look just like the other two as a chick. Darn, they were expensive. That's ok, I just love this little hen and I'm not going to complain. Just had to verify my suspicions. [​IMG]
    hdowden, she's 18 weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by