What breed is that

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IMustLearn, May 20, 2016.

1. IMustLearn

IMustLearn New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Quebec
    So hi first time posting here but read a lot in the past

My wife and I just bought a farm and i went to the auction out of curiosity and i ended up buying 8 chicks that are growing up fast

People at the auction didnt know what breed they were and someone told me they might be brhama but we dont know

Ive attached a picture and if anyone would know it would be of great service and I would be very greatfull

Thank you very much[​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I believe you have mottled houdans. How many toes do they have on each foot?

3. elizabethjg

elizabethjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Texas
    Agreed.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Yep, mottled Houdans. We can see the 5th toe on a few of them, and I see at least one cockerel. They're going to be very striking when grown!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What beautiful babies. agree with donrae one rooster - may be others

6. IMustLearn

IMustLearn New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Quebec
    Thank you everyone sorry it took a while but you guys are right they have that extra toe and they are getting sooo big so fast im going back to my farm on saturday cant wait to see them

7. IMustLearn

IMustLearn New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Quebec
    We beleive we have 2 rooster and 6 hens which is great considering i didnt see them before buying

Im also thinking of selling the extra rooster at the auction in the fall to pay for the whole flock last time we were there one pheasant sold for 140$ just because it was nice looking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by