What breed is this? And I think it's a hen? Hatched May 22nd

cowmommy2001

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
Genoa WV
I just realized she/he has Green eyes. The white one front and center. Came from Leann's Adopt Me Bargain from Meyer. My little easter egger roo has so much personality I might have trouble getting rid of him LOL Look at him back there....

Shes the one standing tall and proud in the middle of this one

IDK It's really lean and tall a lot like my leghorns are but has the splashes of color on it. I can't find anything on their website that looks anything like it :/

Do you know how old he is for sure, he's around 16 weeks?

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was some sort of slow-maturing meat bird like the rangers they sell, but if he is 16 weeks you wouldn't think he'd be built like a leghorn. Wonder if he is a slow maturing Easter Egger even if is clean faced and has yellow legs, he does have a peacomb.

I was wondering if it was some sort of slow-maturing meat bird like the rangers they sell, but if he is 16 weeks you wouldn't think he'd be built like a leghorn. Wonder if he is a slow maturing Easter Egger even if is clean faced and has yellow legs, he does have a peacomb.
It's got a straight comb. I can't find ANYTHING On meyer's site that looks like it :/ They were hatched May 22nd it def doesn't look built like a meat bird if that's what it is, but I'm almost certain it's a hen

That coloring is always male. It looks like a red sex link cockerel, but with something pea or rose combed mixed with a straight comb. Maybe a red/Wyandotte mix? Something like that.

Yup one of a few roosters you have there.
big_smile.png
You can see his saddle feathers by his tail.

The one you call easter egger is actually a silkie mix- rose comb, crested, some leg feathering.

With that...... it would be most logical to consider several of those birds as being mixed breeds. If those birds really did come from Meyer, either they are not very responsible about keeping breeds apart or they have a deal where they deliberately mix breeds- such as deliberately introducing different breeds into their EE stock.

the white is a cockerel- it's correct that whites with patches of color on wings like that are usually boys plus he is already showing clearly roo feathers- super shiny, pointy tipped.. can see some on top of the red patch and his back.

agree there are several roosters...

Back
Top Bottom