What Breed Is This And What Gender???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thepromise, Jul 30, 2010.

1. thepromise

thepromise In the Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    I got this little one with a bunch of turkens i got from a hatchery! It was the free chick! when it was a chick it was black with white patches around its neck, head and belly!!! I have no clue what breed or gender this little chick is! Anyone who has this breed help me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    [​IMG]

Looks like my Lakenvelder did at that age!

3. okiehen

okiehen Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Lakenvelder
    pullet

4. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Yup, a rare Lakenvelder. Very stunning when they are grown. Enjoy!

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I agree with the others regarding the Silver Lakenvelder, but will say cockerel.

6. dolly85

dolly85 Songster

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes, a lakenvelder. They are quite pretty when they grow up, I got a roo as an accident. He was supposed to be an EE pullet. [​IMG] Anyhow, females are supposed to be pretty good layers. Mine is flighty, aggressive towards the hens, a good forager, and one of my least favorites. How old is yours? Mine didn't get really red until he was around 2 months, then his comb got huge and began to get some color.

7. thepromise

thepromise In the Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    She or He will be 2 months on monday!!! she looks like a pullet, but now if i look at her. Im thinking Cockerel, cuz the comb has gotten slightly bigger and has turned a little red? And she gets a little agressive with the turkens, espicially with the cockerels ones! But that can just be the pecking order??? [​IMG] So, im just waiting if she or he will pop and egg!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by