What breed is this bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenbaguette, Jul 3, 2011.

1. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    I have a bantam called Soup whose breed I have completely forgotten, except for that I think it had quite a long name.
    She's light pale coloured with a light grey collar and a grey tail, but her friend who is the same breed is quite dark brown with similar markings in black. They are medium sized to biggish bantams, not too much smaller than my Columbian Blacktails when fluffed up and over half their size when normal. They have pale pink feet and small, bright red combs. Their eyes are yellow near the pupil, darkening to red around the edges. Their beaks are very light brown.

Their markings are the same those of Buff Brahma bantams, Wyandotte Columbias and Buff Sussexes, but I don't think Soup is either of them, especially since Chicken (her friend, same breed (great names, I know)) is so much darker.

This is Soup:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see her markings more clearly, although I chopped her head off:
    [​IMG]

Here she is from above (ish) with Chicken:
    [​IMG]

From behind:
    [​IMG]

A better view of her legs:
    [​IMG]

Close up of her head:
    [​IMG]

And a picture of Chicken
    , if it helps, although she's so ill and bald at the moment you can't really tell what she'd look like (it's a rubbish photo too):
    [​IMG]

Any ideas? Thank you! [​IMG]

2. they appear to be some kind of wyandottes

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Barnyard mixes?? A weird breed no one knows about??? I don't know but Soup and Chicken are b-e-a-utiful!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    Thank you for the replies. Yes, I thought they were Wyandottes, but lots of breeds look very similar. They certainly aren't mixes, though, but yes they are beautiful! [​IMG]

5. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Yeah! Let me know if you find out what breed(s) they are, I'll go chick shopping [​IMG]

6. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    They are so pretty!!!

7. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    Quote:I will! [​IMG]

8. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    Quote:I know! [​IMG] Thank you!

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Can a blue laced red wyandotte be splash instead of blue? If so, that's what I'd guess she is. [​IMG]

10. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Look kinda like buttercups to me???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by