What breed is this beauty??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickhopeful12, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Hi everyone,

I have some saying she is a black polish, others a crevecoeur. Could she be a mix of both? I know she doesn't have red on her face; however I have seen crevecoeur hens online that are more black in the face. Let me know what you think. She was found abandoned wandering around the city streets. I thought at first she was a bantam breed, but she is still growing out feathers on her neck. Thanks for your feedback and help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NewMommy123

NewMommy123 In the Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Grapeview,WA
    So a Polish! I have one white creasted black Polish. you are lucky! they are funny to watch. Good luck [​IMG]

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Songster

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Polish. Very pretty bird.

4. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Polish! I have two and they are super friendly! Pretty girl [​IMG]

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Songster

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I want to say maybe a polish /silkie cross ? Sonthing about her face screams silkie to me .

She doesn't have the right comb for eaither the polish or the crevocour (sp?)

6. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Songster

Apr 3, 2010
    Yuba City , CA
    looks like my smooth feathered sizzle to me...

7. RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather

RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather Songster

Mar 19, 2010
    Maui
    Aloha,

Yes I believe that this beautiful chook is a Mix of both Silkie and Polish. Some traits will be show above others and often the least traits will show due to alleles that are in the genes. I myself have no silkie birds but I do have a hen with dark skin so it is interesting what some breeds will carry in their genes.

8. V Comb

V Comb Songster

No way a polish. I'd say its parents are Crev X Silkie and then was crossed back to Crev.

9. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Thanks so much for the input everyone! I truly at a loss with her. She is definitely fun to watch and very imprinted. I was hoping everyone would just say the same thing and make it easy.

[​IMG]

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    She is some kind of silkie cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by