What breed is this chicken???

Ocean34

In the Brooder
May 30, 2016
Hi everyone, I just got a few chickens from a guy who can not take care of them anymore. I built a coop and a run for them. I am also treating them for scaly leg mites with eprinex and it is working I think. I want to know the brred of these chickens and I need your help since I am new to this. Please help me identify them. Here is a picture. Thanks in advance.
[/IMG][/IMG]

She is also getting broody I guess :( She lays in the coop starting yesterday. I need to cool her down since I don't have a roo in my flock. Any advise???

Thank you Thekinddafarmgal ! I will post more pictures of other chickens as soon as I take them.

If she is going broody, you can break her, give her fertile eggs or give her chicks. First you need to determine if she actually is broody and if she is going to stay broody. Is she laying eggs still? If the answer is yes, then she is not broody. She could however go broody soon. Is she staying on the nest all day long, screaming or even pecking at you and other chickens that come near? Does she only get up about once a day, running around clucking with all her feathers puffed up? Then she is broody. Once she has been on the nest for two days, you know she is broody and going to stay broody. At this point you decide what you are going to do; break her, give eggs or chicks.

So, do you want more chickens?
smile.png

If she is going broody, you can break her, give her fertile eggs or give her chicks. First you need to determine if she actually is broody and if she is going to stay broody. Is she laying eggs still? If the answer is yes, then she is not broody. She could however go broody soon. Is she staying on the nest all day long, screaming or even pecking at you and other chickens that come near? Does she only get up about once a day, running around clucking with all her feathers puffed up? Then she is broody. Once she has been on the nest for two days, you know she is broody and going to stay broody. At this point you decide what you are going to do; break her, give eggs or chicks.

So, do you want more chickens? :)

Thank you. She laid egg today but I noticed she is in box since yesterday. She makes some kindda noise and fluffs her feather when I take her out but she runs back again. I have 9 chickens already and I am above my head :) I think I need to break it somehow if she is going to broody.

I have them since 3 weeks and this one has never laid an egg yet and also she is acting like she is the mother of the other chickens :) very funny watching her this way. Do you guys think she is a Barred Rock???

Thank you. She laid egg today but I noticed she is in box since yesterday. She makes some kindda noise and fluffs her feather when I take her out but she runs back again. I have 9 chickens already and I am above my head
smile.png
I think I need to break it somehow if she is going to broody.
What color egg did she lay? She could a be a legbar, but with the blue earlobe and black feet, I would guess some kind of silkie mix. If she is a cream legbar, her egg should be a pretty light blue.

Your barred bird could be a dominique, I can't see her comb very well. If it is a single comb, it is pretty small. Barred rocks have a signle comb and dominiques have a rose comb.

What color egg did she lay? She could a be a legbar, but with the blue earlobe and black feet, I would guess some kind of silkie mix. If she is a cream legbar, her egg should be a pretty light blue.

Your barred bird could be a dominique, I can't see her comb very well. If it is a single comb, it is pretty small. Barred rocks have a signle comb and dominiques have a rose comb.

x2. I thought the ear lobe was white, but a closer look shows it is blue. What color is the barred chicken's legs?

Back
Top Bottom