What breed is this chicken?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by maggienchamp, Feb 6, 2012.

1. maggienchamp

maggienchamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Hi [​IMG] On my way home form work this evening I came across a couple of chickens free ranging. There was one chicken that was really pretty & unique...she was a dark brown color, with these robin egg blue color speckles all over her body! So cute!

I have been researching for over two hours trying to find out what breed this chicken was, and I can't find it anywhere [​IMG] Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Speckled sussex or blue-laced red wyandotte?

3. maggienchamp

Aug 22, 2011
    I did look at the Sussex breed, and the speckling looked the same, but I couldn't find any colors close to what this chicken had. The blue-laced red wyandotte looks sort of similar, but the Sussex it more closer. Hmmmm, I wonder what this myster chicken is haha! [​IMG]

4. maggienchamp

Aug 22, 2011
    Any other ideas guys?

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Maggie, I am soooo not above knocking on doors and asking. When you drive past their home tomorrow, ask the owners, that's what I would do.

6. maggienchamp

Aug 22, 2011
    Haha, yeah I think I might end up doing that, I just thought I would try BYC first! It was worth a shot [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by