What breed is this fella?

abarkabove

Songster
7 Years
Jun 7, 2015
Someone just brought me this rooster. Can someone tell me what breed he is?

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_123418012_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210428_123418012_HDR.jpg
    796.1 KB · Views: 30
Well, I just made a guy REALLY happy by giving him a free hamburg mix that turned out to be a purebred white kelso game cock. Apparently they go for at least $150 each.🤦🏼‍♀️ I told him free on my post so I couldn't go back on my word. Suppose I should have done a little more research.😂

Well, I just made a guy REALLY happy by giving him a free hamburg mix that turned out to be a purebred white kelso game cock. Apparently they go for at least $150 each.🤦🏼‍♀️ I told him free on my post so I couldn't go back on my word. Suppose I should have done a little more research.😂
Oh yikes!! I was not seeing the Hamburg either. Kelsos are a strain of American Game! Hopefully he won't be used for fighting! 😳

I see a large pea comb rather than a rose comb, though with that picture it’s a bit hard to tell.
A pea comb with a spike? It's probably an intergrade between pea and rose combs.

To expound on this subject, there is no way to know if you have a pure, fighting strain of American gamefowl such as Kelso unless you know the breeding of the bird from the person that raised it. The most that can be said is that this is an American gamefowl. And the comb makes it doubtful, to me anyway, that it is pure even for that.

But it's nice that the person who took the bird was excited about it. It's certainly handsome.

Back
Top Bottom