What breed is this girl..help me also new chick with slight hobbles

chkncrazy

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2017
Connecticut
So I went to some guy who had like 500 chicks all I wanted was to add to Easter Eggers to my chicks I had at home they both have Easter Egger coloring but the one on posting has feathers on its legs not sure if maybe it's some kind of legbar or something totally different hoping you experts out there can help me I'm just jumped on this one

Attachments

• 20200714_143932.jpg
    20200714_143932.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200714_144000.jpg
    20200714_144000.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 36
She's cute! It's a bit tough to tell proportions in pictures, but she almost seems a bit on the small side for the amount of feathers she has. Do you think she's full-size, or could she be a bantam? Knowing that might help with the breed opinions you'll get.

My suspicion came true...i sent the pics to the guy i got em from.and he said its a bantam and it must havr
She looks a lot like a Ameracauna bantam mutt, but I could be wrong
Lol wellllllll I sent a pic to the guy I origianlly got em from. He said its a bantam and somehow got in his LF bin... Although he didnt tell me what kind of bantam.... Ugh I asked if I could exchange her for the one I originally wanted.. Does that seem un reasonable of me lol. But NOW I kinda wanna keeo her cause I never had a bantam... But shed be on her own... What do younguys think I should do... Lol or should I keep her and buy another Ee.... Chicken math at its finest... Help me guys!!!!......I wish hed just give me a free one since I have to drive allllll the way back..m WhiCh is over 30 min round trip...

Last edited:
Ive been doing some research and i believe its a goldeb laced cochin... which isnt entirely a tiny bantam..and if thats what it is..they are pretty... ugh
..predicaments ...maybe ill keep her and just get another ee.. im driving me self nutters

It's a mutt. Probably part Silkie due to having five toes
Haha your right!! I thoughtnsomething was up with its feet lol....SOOOO I kept her... I went back to grab another EE... he gave it to me for free... but likenthey say nothing is free... Its a beautiful splash one...I get home and notice its walking odd... but eatung and drinking fine... i observed one leg goes out alittle 😱 LOL... MY LUCK!!!! oh well along as it eats poops lays eggs and isnt in pain... maybe shell grow out of it..

Shes preening fine....I think she has slight hobbles....not sure if I should do anything about it..shes 3 weeks... Im hoping shell grow out of it... Her legs bends slightly outward when she walks lol... I named her hobbles

Hobbles os doin great....I gotta get another pic of my mystery chick... Themguy said she came from a hatchery so her being a mix is slightly unlikely...shes not even thatbmuch smaller than the sane age EE.. But that 5th toe has he confused...supposidly Favorelles Houdans Silkies and another breed i can remember.

Back
Top Bottom