What breed is this (guy?)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mama Austranought, May 14, 2011.

1. Mama Austranought

Mama Austranought Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    What breed is this guy? and why aren't his feathers coming through on his back and tail?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    easter egger or salmon faverolles rooster.

3. dsowens15

dsowens15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Winchester, TN
    Yes thats a nice looking salmon faverolles rooster. I believe he is getting peck on by some of the other birds with him as faverolles get pick on a lot because they're so nice.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    It is not only humans that suffer from male pattern baldness.......................

5. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Salmon Faverolle

6. Mama Austranought

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    Bearing in mind I'm in Australia - is there any other name for this breed? He has feathered legs too, does this make a difference? I bought him in a mix of chicks - 'farmyard' chicks. PS. It is a roo isn't it?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. kemclaughlin

kemclaughlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Garden City, ID
    Looks like a roo to me, but I am very new at this.

I have two that look like this and it's because other birds are picking at their feathers. One of them got raw and bloody and I almost fainted when I saw another chick eating the flesh off the wound. I would watch carefully for blood and separate him out if you need to.

8. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    [​IMG]
    I agree Salmon Fav rooster, this is my Oliver he gets picked on all the time, by the hens and as you can see he has no tail feathers or beard, I think the hens got the beard and Zues got the tail feathers he always pulls out a few when he chases Ollie down and grabs his tail. You have a very nice looking boy there!

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  9. Mama Austranought

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    It is better than that pic now, but as I was taking this photo he was kind of pecking at them himself (Like itching them). Also is this a bantam breed? - this guy is only bantam sized. That little piece sticking up is ctually meant to be his tail!! The main reason I want to be SURE is that I have to sell him [​IMG] (not allowed roosters in metro area) and I need to be sure of what I am selling PS what so you think the other guys are in there? Light Sussex Cross Roosters is my guess except light Sussex dont have feathered legs and aren't a Bantam breed - or am I getting this bantam thing all wrong????? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I just had to add this one of my 3year old chicken convert! 6 months ago she screamed at anything that moved...
    [​IMG]

10. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    the girl in the back kinda looks like a light brahma mix. they have feathered legs??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by