1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is this hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AZAnne, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AZAnne

AZAnne Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi, I have another hen I bought from Ideal that I don't have a clue what breed she is. She's a very flighty bird, and can actually fly a good distance. I have yet to see her lay an egg, so I don't know what color eggs she will lay. I can't post pictures on this forum, but here's a link to her picture: https://www.backyardchickens.com/ga...9308/user_id/118470#page=0&sort=display_order She's the brown hen in the second picture. It's not the best picture, but she wouldn't hold still.

Thanks,
    Anne

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

is she bantam or standard??

oh and if u look above the box u write to reply where u click the smile face and the type of letters to pick and stuff..theres a little square with a house in it...click that and thats how u post pics

srry i cant really explain it well. hope it helps lol

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    possably brown leghorn or if bantam maybe a dutch with the white earlobes

4. AZAnne

Jan 27, 2012
    She's not a bantam although she is small. I actually have 2 of these hens. I will try to get a better picture of them today. I looked at some brown leghorns, but they don't look much like her, they are much bigger bodied. She's about a year old, so full grown. She doesn't look much like my other chickens, she's smaller, more compact, can fly well, and is pretty flighty.

I can't post photos because I'm a new member and that option is not available for new members.

Anne

5. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The pic is too blurry. What kind of comb does she have?

6. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    [​IMG]

Anne, you can host your pictures somewhere else. Photobucket or whatever is your preferred hosting site. Then use the tag to post here. [IMG] then link to your picture followed by the closing tag. Which is / between [ and I.

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/image/id/6211853/width/900/height/600/flags/LL
    [​IMG]

I used opttion 2 with your pictures.
    1. Click on the picture in your album
    2. Right click
    3. Go down to image
    4. Select copy image url
    5. Paste that link between the image tags

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. AZAnne

Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks for posting the pic. I don't belong to any photo sites. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before this site will allow me to post pics (darn those spammers!).

Anne

8. AZAnne

Jan 27, 2012
  9. AZAnne

Jan 27, 2012
    Texas has posted the updated pictures of my hen (thanks Texas!). I've gotten answers for my other chickens, now how about this one? [​IMG] Anyone have any ideas on her? Her info again: I bought her as part of an Ideal special. She's about a year old, standard not a bantam, but she's smaller than my other chickens. She's able to fly quite well. I'd really like to know what she is...

Thanks everyone!
    Anne

10. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I would call her a hatchery quality rose-combed brown leghorn. Do they come bantam sized?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by