What breed is this HUGE two week old duckling?

Arztwolf

Songster
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
SW Texas
Noodles (who I HOPE is a duckling, since the bin I got him/her from had both goslings and ducklings and it was complete chaos around the bins) is the biggest duckling I've ever seen. She/He totally dwarfs Buttons the Mallard who is the same age.

The bill looks too long to be a gosling. If the other duckling is a Mallard it will be small compared to most other breeds. Does your big duckling have brown down feathers or is that just the lighting? If it has brown it is not a Pekin. As buff goose guy said, it could be a Muscovy.

It's not a goose, lol. They have a completely different bill and head shape than ducks!

Its likely a jumbo pekin. They are fast growing and twice the size of most other breeds of ducks

what color are the feet if they are like really pale pink im gonna say muscovy.
Not pink, a light yellow.
It's not a goose, lol. They have a completely different bill and head shape than ducks!

Its likely a jumbo pekin. They are fast growing and twice the size of most other breeds of ducks
If it is a Jumbo Pekin, do I have to feed it anything different due to the growth factor? Like with meat breed chickens?

Back
Top Bottom