what breed is this little hen? (hope it is a hen)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marilyn15, Jun 30, 2011.

1. marilyn15

marilyn15 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    My husband and son brought home 3 chicks about a month ago because my son was so sad when a racoon got one of his roosters and one of our new cochin. They can not remember what the one breeed is, the other 2 I believe are Polish and a d'uccle??? excuse my spelling.
    Please help if you can and if you can tell me they are all hens would be great also! Thank you in advance! I also posted a couple pics of our Roo and a couple of our hens if you know there breeds would appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Our Polish...
    [​IMG]

d'uccle???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure of breed?

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Your d'uccle is a roo, as is your polish, I believe. The third is a silver sebright. [​IMG]

3. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Last pic is a Silver Sebright. [​IMG]

4. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    D'Uccle looks rooish to me. Not sure about the Polish (I've never had a polish before), and third pic is a Sebright. Beautiful chickens!

5. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    And here are the other pics, thanks again, thought I would ask the experts!

our Rooster Romeo, we got him from a friend, hatched him last year with 9 others, him and two hens I believe are Ameracauna's, but not sure since we got the eggs from friends that were not sure of breed. Him and two hens are the last ones standing besides the new hens we have 9 juvies and 3 one 1/2 month olds. The other 6 were killed by a predator last year [​IMG] Thanks again!

Our Rooster Romeo, he may be a mixed breed? but I think he is pretty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one of the hens that was hatched last year with him Juliet...I think she is ameracauna??

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help, probably should not have put them in their yard with treats to take pics, should have done it earlier when they were free ranging! Oh well....
    we also have some plymouth rock and rhode island reds, hope all these breeds like eachother! [​IMG]

6. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Quote:Thanks for your help, I was hoping the Polish was a hen but he is a keeper for sure.

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Juliet is a VERY beautiful Easter Egger. I don't know what the roo is, but I'm thinking a mix of some sort. Definitely not Ameraucana, but maybe a Welsummer cross or partridge Rock cross.... [​IMG]

8. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Quote:do you think the Polish gets as big as a standard rooster?

9. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Quote:Thank you , now I remember my son saying silver sebright! Thanks again!

10. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Quote:My son confirmed that the D'uccle was a roo, that is what the lady at the store at least told him [​IMG]
    And thanks we think they are pretty! Really enjoying them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by