What breed is this little roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mari1, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Mari1

Mari1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

My neighbor was recently given a large batch of chickens from one of his customers.
    He told me she collected exotic and rare chickens but due to laws she had to find them new homes and he was happy to take them.
    However, this little guy has a big attitude and sharp spurs so he was then re-gifted to me!
    He's the smallest chicken I've ever seen in my life, so i assumed he's a dwarf of some sort?

Any info would be appreciated! Also willing to upload more pics if necessary.

Thanks!

2. redrooster99

redrooster99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    not sure but maybe a old english game

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Second...probably and Old English Game Bantam....but I'm not that familiar with bantam breeds so it might be a different breed...but definitely bantam (that's your "dwarf" size chicken).

Lady of McCamley

4. Mari1

Mari1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2013
    Old English Game Bantam is definitely his shape (esp with the wings that seem to big for his body). Thanks!

After looking around a bit his color seems to resemble closest to Red Pyle cross of some sort. Any idea?

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, looks like a pretty Old English Game Bantam. He's definitely a mix of 2+ varieties, but I think that Red Pyle is one of them.

6. redrooster99

redrooster99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    pretty chicken thanks for sharing[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by