what breed is this pair and do they go together cause i dont think so

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wray mom, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Wray mom

Wray mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2012
    ok so i just got this pair and im not sure what they are and pretty sure they arent the same thing however they do have some similarities there color is spot on and they both have irridecent earlobes as well as leg coloring and comb coloring all that is the same but the roo has some feathers on his feet and she is clean legged also he has a walnut comb and she has a foldover comb just not sure any help please
    .[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also this is a pic of our australorps velma is a blue with all the characteistics including the black legs and white toe nails. however i beleive little pants who isnt very little any more lol is mixed blck australorp and ??? because he is tri colored w sorta spotty legs. anyway we just got what is supose to be another hen for them but she is lavender looking to me and has whitish tinted legs so is not full blooded or is she even and australorp at all lol any ideas???

[​IMG]
    also she is still young and is missing some tail feathes i think and her head has been pecked some so she looks a little rough lol

2. jenniferaz01

jenniferaz01 Just Hatched

Aug 19, 2012
    I have 4 Black Australorps, and ur girl on the bottom pic has that cute face and body of an Australorp, she looks it to me:) Not much help on any of this but Velma and Little Pants are beautiful!!

3. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    white hen = leghorn
    white roo = silkie mix
    blue roo = EE? need better pic
    second blue hen= ? need better pics

4. Wray mom

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks everyone I was really leaning toward leghorn on the white hen but never had any so want sure so also yeah I wondered about the silkie mix thing too don't you wish you could get DNA test like they do for dogs now lol

5. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    The first white hen has yellow-ish color towards her tail feathers, is that dirt or color? And her legs aren't yellow like the leghorn color, I might be wrong but I'm going mixed and the Roo in the first pics is a EE for sure. The blue pair = Hen looks to be a blue Aussie The Roo looks maybe Blue mix, bottom looks like a blue roo as well. Better pics would help out tremendously [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think your white birds very well could be hatch mates. They're cross breeds with some silkie probably 2 generations back. The hen's not quite right for a pure leghorn and the roo really looks like a silkie mix.The silkie characteristics just show up different on the different birds.

Your colored roo isn't an Austrlorp.

I don't know much about non-black Aussies, so can't really help you out there.

7. Wray mom

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks guy

8. Wray mom

Jul 25, 2012
    ok so the man who sold the white pair to me told me the rooster is a white americauna and that is what they breed im assuming ee cause i dont think he is full but maybe im wrong however they also informed me that the hen never sits so huh she may be getting replaced havent made my mind up yet anyway they are my kids to make money with so it will be a decision we make together lol. i will try to get a better pic of my australorps the rooster is black australorp and ee cross just showed the seller a pic of them since we got them as chicks and she confirmed my suspicion i know they are huge now and like big pets. thanks everyone for your input.[​IMG]

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Are you in the States?

10. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The white hen looks like a White Leghorn, the cock looks like a Silkie mix. Your other chickens look like mixes to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by