What breed is this pair?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by C&Rman, Apr 21, 2011.

1. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    This pair is for sale, but they think that they are Purple Neck Brown shouldered. Is that even a breed? If not what are they thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    They look like Purple Black (brown) Shoulder.

Steve

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Yep I would say Purple blackshoulder just like Steve. I wish purple peafowl would actually have a black shoulder instead of brown, I think it would look prettier.

4. connerhills

connerhills Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Black Shoulder is a term given to a bird that does not have a bared wing. A silver pied BS pattern is mostly white but it does not have baring in the wings. A purple black shoulder pattern bird just does not have a bard wing pattern ( or Wild type pattern ) This I think come from way back when it was thought that this new bird ( at that time) was a color and not a pattern, It more or less developed in the wild as well as the white did. All of the newer colors and patterns have been mostly from mutations or cross breeding as in the different patterns we see now. George

5. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I dont know.. but that peacock is stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuning!!! did you get it??

6. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Oh no he sold it [​IMG] thanks everyone. He is stunning if only I jumped on it a little sooner. [​IMG]

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I am sorry, that is too bad, but don't worry there are plenty of beautiful peafowl out there for you![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by