1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is this pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LeanneP, Oct 27, 2014.

1. LeanneP

LeanneP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Kenansville, NC
    Hi all! Please meet Nosy Nelly! She is 19 weeks old now and I'm not sure what breed she is, so I'm hoping you folks will know. Here are some pics from today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is back in June at 1 week:

[​IMG]

Back then, she looked a lot like her Ameraucanas sisters, but she doesn't now as they have huge combs and green earlobes whereas hers are red.

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Easter Egger pullet.

1 person likes this.
  3. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    x2 she's an Easter Egger with a clean face.

1 person likes this.
  4. LeanneP

LeanneP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Kenansville, NC
    Thanks! I really didn't know what to think since she became so different than the other two. The comb and head/breast coloring are about the exact opposite between her and the two I knew for sure were EE's.

5. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    Easter Eggers are a mixed breed so they can come in all colors, comb types, have beards/muffs/tufts or clean faces. Some have the slate/willow/greenish legs and others have yellow. They're so varied, I can understand how it can throw you off. My starter flock was 4 EE pullets and all but one had clean faces. This is my only survivor from my original flock just to give you an idea of how different they really can look:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She's a clean-faced Easter Egger. Since Easter Eggers are mixed breeds, no two look alike. They can have many different comb types/shapes, feather color, and other physical features.

1 person likes this.
  7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She's an Easter Egger.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by