what breed is this roo ? any clues

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by donnie, Dec 29, 2009.

1. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Might I suggest that you take him outside into the sunshine to get a really good picture of him? On my monitor the colors are rather indistinct and muddied. But, that could be just my monitor. They might display just fine on everyone elses. Just a suggestion. [​IMG]

Also, is it my imagination, or has he sustained an injury to his comb? Or is that just the way he is?

3. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    yeah i got him from an older gentle man who had them out side free range and his comb just hangs like that and it got cold and that is y there are dark areas on the tip of his comb , but now that i have him he is in a new coop with heat lamps straw and all the fresh food and water him and the others want and plenty of room

4. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    brown leghorn mix?

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    From the shape of his comb and the dark spangles on his chest, could he have some hamburg in him?

6. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    ok , thanks, now i have been told several different things we may all be right , i have heard EE, game, americana, brownleghorn, hamburg, and barnvelder,...... so who knows i wonder how much a poultry dna test is lol

7. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    the hens you see in the pics are white leghorn rir crosses , and those hens and that roo are the parents to the chicks due to hatch today but not out of shell yet , im excited to see what my chicks will look like

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by