What breed is this rooster? (and EE question.)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Smartie_Pants, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    There is a mini-golf course close to Kentucky Lake that is decorated in a jungle theme. Besides the course they have a mile long path that is tree lined where you can see, feed, and pet many goats, donkeys, emus, ostritiches, chickens, peafowl, camels, a zebra and donkey cross which is beautiful, mini horses, ducks, geese, lambs, lamas, and sheep. This is one I caught a picture of on my last visit there. He is beautiful and I would love to have one like him, but I don't know what he is!

[​IMG]

My second question is, what is up with my EE roos comb? I have never had any other breeds with pea combs, but in the pics I've see the comb isn't this tall.

[​IMG]

2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I am thinking he is some type of game, but what color and exact breed?

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The first is a red pyle game. Some pea combs are more vertical than others... [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I am not sure of the specifics, but he looks to be either a red shouldered something, or a poorly colored red pyle. As for exact breed I have no idea. He is definitely some kind of game breed.

And the EE's comb is what sometimes happens when you cross a pea combed bird with a straight combed bird.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Single comb is recessive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by