What breed is this Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Daniel03, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Daniel03

Daniel03 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    Hi,

I am very curious to find out what breed my rooster 'Spartacus' is a combination of. He appears to be a frizzle, exhibiting green feathers on his sides, orange/red feathers around his neck and long black/dark green tail feathers. He also has a small amount of black feathers on his feet which might indicate a bantam of some form.

I have successfully hatched an egg from a Black Australorp in his flock, that i can guarantee he is the 'father' of, and this chick i can already determine as a frizzle. I am interested to know the breed of the rooster as it can help me identify what breed mix the chick will grow up to be.

Any questions feel free to ask
    Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    He looks like a part frizzled silkie to me!

3. Daniel03

Mar 7, 2017
    What things do you think point towards a silkie? Very interested to know. Would love for him to be part silkie :)

4. Janie hall

Janie hall Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2016
    Shawneetown, Illinois
    if he has black skin 5 toes soft hair like feathers

5. Daniel03

Mar 7, 2017
    Can confirm he has 5 toes. Very excited. Wonder what he is crossed with though. The colouring is interesting.

6. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Probably mixed with Cochin.

7. Janie hall

Apr 8, 2016
    Shawneetown, Illinois
    the color is partridge

8. Janie hall

Apr 8, 2016
    Shawneetown, Illinois
    also silkie have blue earlobes. Here is a partridge silkie roo[​IMG]

9. eclawrence

eclawrence Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Virginia Beach
    Hello. This is my first post as well as my first time having my own chicks as an adult. I have 8 chicks, 7 of which our barred rocks that are supposed to be pullets and I'm not sure they all our. The last chick I have no clue on what gender or breed it is as I received it from church's preschool program. Can anyone help me out? I'm very excited to start this journey and my children are as well! Thanks in advance. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

10. eclawrence

eclawrence Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Virginia Beach
    I have no clue why only one picture showed up maybe I have to do one at a time? First post #1 this one #2 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by