What breed is this rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickadee-23, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Chickadee-23

Chickadee-23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] i had him earlier this year then he died looking for another one just dont know breed thanks

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Hard to tell from the picture. Are they bantam or standard size? Did he have white earlobes?
    I'm guessing brown Leghorn without knowing any additional info. There are a LOT of breeds with that color.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. TheRoostergirl

TheRoostergirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    That looks like a bantam to me and he is a single combed partridge wyandotte bantam:)

4. Chickadee-23

Jul 29, 2013
    South Carolina
    They were bantam breeds there some type of game breed reason why i said that cus he cocked his feathers up to fight one of my standard games they have white ear lopes they lay lightly tinted white, but idk bout breed i hve 2 hens that were babys from thm the parents were killed by some free roaming dogs which are gone now, Thanks if u can help me :)

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They look like light brown leghorn bantams - any rooster with moxy will challenge another rooster, not only games.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that he is a Black Breasted Red Old English Game. Leghorns would have yellow legs; he has whitish ones.

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    So did he have white earlobes? If not, then I think he was a Black Breasted Red Old English Game. The body coloring, body type, and leg coloring (from the photo at least, it looks like he had white legs; leghorns have yellow) fit that breed/variety. But if he had white earlobes, then he was most likely a Light-Brown Leghorn.

8. Chickadee-23

Jul 29, 2013
    South Carolina
    No he does not have white ear lopes, thanks evetyone for the info, i realy miss him he protected his hens he was small but wasn't afraid of anything including a 7ft chicken snake which he attacked lol, he loyal to his women he would find food for them, im tryed to find one like him, i love that color in the sun his feather would shine like diamonds just beautiful, so thanks :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by