What breed is this?Saw this gorgious rooster in the Documentary Babies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Feike, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Feike

Feike Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Lander, Wyoming
    I was watching this awesome documentary (Babies) about different/cultural ways of labor & raising babies in Denver hospital with my wife and saw in one scene this beautiful rooster, wondering what breed it is.
    In this scene we see a couple months old baby in a tent in the savannah's of Mongolia this kid is playing and suddenly this gorgious rooster appears and looks at the baby .....just chillin.
    [​IMG]

2. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    ha. i think it's an OE roo. cant tell w/o seein the face

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    It's a Mongolian Rooster [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Saw the same video and remarked to myself, "That's a gorgeous rooster." The body type was game, but the overall look was not typical of our games. My guess - Mongolian game of some sort.

5. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    It's some kind of Game...

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    My kids call it "The Babysitter" first, there's the Japanese princess baby at her expensive playdate, then here's this kid tied to the bed, his legs wrapped so he can't get into trouble, the only one watching him is this rooster...........

We watched that documentary a while back, we still break out laughing about that poor mongolian kid at the hands of his brother! [​IMG] sibling rivalry is universal. So is the patience of that baby, though! Remember how his brother parked him out with the cattle in his stroller?

7. Feike

Feike Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Lander, Wyoming
    Hillarious how things can be universal and no language required we know what care of babies and rivalry between siblings are all about....we saw the preview and heard that sound track....I admire Sufjan's music and wanted to see the movie so bad, then we ended up through life flight in Denver in the labor and pregnancy department noticing this movie was on their list.....so saw the opportunity and I saw that rooster....my wife lokked at me and said that is an award winning rooster if you had one....

8. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    pretty looking roo!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    It's a game cock of some kind. Gorgeous indeed.

10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I have heard of Tibetan Chickens, though I'm unable to locate any pictures to compare them to this one. I would guess that it's not a specific breed as the family in the film lived in a fairly rural area. And most rural areas worldwide tend to have barnyard crosses as a staple of their flocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by