what breed is this this girl???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by animallover2202, Sep 18, 2012.

1. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    [​IMG]

I think shes an I.S.A. Brown but i dont know i need to know for 4-h next year

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    She looks like a red sex link to me :) Could be ISA Brown but they mostly look the same.

3. ChickMagnet207

ChickMagnet207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Maine
    One of many Red Sex Link Crosses

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  4. animallover2202

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    there aloud at 4-h right??

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    x2

6. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw so many mistakes in the breeds listed at our 2 local county fairs, including one fully-feathered bantam rooster listed as a "hen", ee's identified as a Rosecomb, Columbian Wyandottes listed as Silver-laced.

A lot will depend on the level--primary, junior, intermediate and senior. Primaries can show anything they want as no one gets placement ribbons.

You will also enter for fitting and showing. You show *one* bird there, though you might have several entered. And I saw misidentification there, too, but they answered the other questions confidently, handled the bird skillfully and they did just fine.

So, at our little fair, birds like Red Sex-links would do just fine for fitting and showing. Even barn mixes can be in there, though if you are planning to seriously place well and move to a larger fair in the state, then a standardized breed from a true blue breeder would place better.

My girls want to show our accidental single-comb partridge Wyandotte cock (he's a sweety) and a bantam beardless EE (ahem!--"non-standard Ameraucana") cock in their second year in primaries.

Your bird would simply be entered in the category named (please correct me here): "all other clean legged breeds" (or is it single comb?)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  7. fer-gar96

fer-gar96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2012
    South Texas
    red sex link i have 5 [​IMG]

8. animallover2202

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    you confused me here

9. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

she is not a recognized breed but some shows will let u show her if they are not APA shows. i think She would be Class: AOCL (all other clean legged) or SCCL(single comb clean legged)

10. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

"Clean legged" means they don't have feathers on their legs, like cochins or brahmas do.

Hope this with the above post clears things up. Meaning: YES! you can show her in 4-H.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by