What breed is this white pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jencarta, Sep 28, 2009.

1. jencarta

jencarta New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    Northern Colorado
    I am assuming it is a pullet. It is a chicken I am thinking of adopting from the Humane Society. They claim it is a female, so I am guessing it must be young. Here is the photo they have.
    [​IMG]

I searched Google for white chicken breeds and saw a photo on this web page http://www.nsppa.ca/results.html of a White Phoenix pullet that looks similar to the one at the Humane Society, but with a longer tail. If that is the breed, I probably shouldn't get her because they are apparently not cold hardy and it can get very cold where I live! Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. barredrockmama

barredrockmama Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Humboldt County, CA
    It almost looks like a White Rock chicken (which are usually raised for meat), but I don't know much about chicken breeds. I just wanted to say that she's sooo cute! [​IMG]

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a Bantam Cornish, or some type of oriental game breed. I don't know enough about game birds to have any clue what kind though, sorry!

4. Weewanona

Weewanona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Wilburton, OK
    She looks like a Game or Game X to me.

Have you tried browsing www.Feathersite.com ?

Her breed may come in several colors - so just searching for white chicken breeds probably wouldn't help.

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I think it maybe a Cornish cross, i guess it could be a Asil cross or possible Tuzo, someone posted some tuzos awhile back that looked like it with a few minor changes. But i would think more along the lines of a Cornish/Asil cross. Not a pure one though.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Shes definately not a plymouth rock.

I am guessing she is some sort of game, or game cross. I dont know enough about seperate game breeds to help you, though. Sorry.

7. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

my first thoughts was some kinda game Asil or Asil mix maybe??

8. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Quote:I agree. The way it is holding its tail is not that of a cornish. Think its more than likely a cross as Daniel stated.

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I second that assessment.

10. obe10

obe10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    looks like a cornish/game maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by